- At digital retailers iTunes and Amazon MP3, fans can pre-order the album as a 20-song deluxe or 15-song standard edition and instantly receive “Nothing To It” from the album, plus four more “instant-grat” tracks during the weeks leading up to the album’s release.
- Physical versions of the album can be pre-ordered from Amazon.com in both the deluxe and standard CD editions, as well as a 180-gram virgin-vinyl two-disc set.
- Beginning October 28, fans will be able to preorder the 180-gram virgin-vinyl two-disc set at their local independent retailer (participating stores to be announced), and in turn receive a limited-edition 10” vinyl EP containing the five “instant grat” album tracks, one of which will be exclusive to independent stores for one week prior to any other retail availability.
- There are also a number of bundled offerings being made available Direct-To-Fan exclusively through The New Basement Tapes Official Music store. These include:
- A limited-edition box set of the album that includes the deluxe CD, the 180-gram virgin-vinyl two-disc set, six photographic portraits of the artists, five prints of the newly discovered Bob Dylan handwritten lyrics, an album cover lithograph and the deluxe digital album.
- A limited number of vinyl test pressings, autographed by T Bone Burnett.
- Fans who pre-order a bundle may also add their names to a limited-edition poster.
A lyric video for “Nothing To It” has been released today on Vevo that features Dylan’s actual handwritten lyrics inhabiting a surreal animated cityscape.
The album will be accompanied by a Showtime documentary premiering on November 21, titled, Lost Songs: The Basement Tapes Continued, directed by Sam Jones (the Wilco documentary, I Am Trying To Break Your Heart). The film will present an exclusive and intimate look at the making of Lost On The River: The New Basement Tapes set against the influential and historical cultural backdrop of Bob Dylan’s original Basement Tapes.